Re: [OT] Mails coming from "joe1assistly@gmail.com"

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 05:06:51PM -0500, Indulekha wrote:

> [caution: rant ahead]
>
> Argh -- I already *have* usenet access through NiN, and a very nicely detailed
> slrn config -- debian's list people should use a more competent mail2news gateway
> that doesn't suck and break threading, period full stop. This annoys the bejeepers
> out of me. To use gmane I have to figure out how to run 2 nntpervers, what a royal
> PITA. Why do they bother with creating the usenet group linux.deian.user and then
> break interoperability with the list from which the group is derived?!
>
> [/rant]
>
> Bah, I'll go have a cup of tea then maybe I'll face up to implementing this
> silly "gmane" kludge that absolutely should not be necessary. Damned frustrating.
> Or mMaybe I'll just subscribe the normal way and spend ridiculously long times
>
> Anyway, thanks Camaleón for pointing me at that website (which absolutely should
> not be necessary).

Ok, so I subscribed the "normal" way, and I'll just periodically purge the
mails to avoid waiting for 857,000 emails to load over dialup.
I don't like it though, and it really strikes me as incredibly obvious that
there's just no excuse for the silliness of no header interoperability between
the mailing list and the usenet group. Apparently for the sake of someone's ego
being tickled by having "bofh" in their custom headers. Flippin' weenie...

Glad I got that off my chest, I feel better now. :)

 --
  Indulekha