Re: [OT] Mails coming from "joe1assistly@gmail.com"

On Tue, 01 May 2012 13:01:57 -0500, Indulekha wrote:

> On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 05:39:15PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> Blame your mail2news gateway provider then. I don't experience that
>> problem with Gmane :-)
>>
>> Gmane also does a good job when it comes to block the spam it reaches
>> the lists. Oh, oh... now I feel like a "human-advertising" :-P
>>

> Yes, it's having an effect...
> So, do you run leafnode and point it at nntp://news.gmane.org then?

I've never used Leafnode before. Is a NNTP server, right?

Let me take a look:

http://leafnode.sourceforge.net/overview.shtml

Okay, you will have to configure it to fetch the news messages from Gmane
servers and only for the selected groups (not the whole tree) so you can
read the articles locally. For the exact steps, I can't tell, but there
must be some samples on how to proceed at the docs:

/usr/share/doc/leafnode/examples/*
/usr/share/doc/leafnode/README.Debian

Greetings,

--