Re: IMAP4/POP3 server that supports mbox?

staticsafe grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> On 11/18/2012 0:07, David Guntner wrote:
>> mouss grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
>>>
>>> it actually works well with postfix (dovecot provides a simple
>>> authentication solution for postfix).
>>
>> What do you mean by that?
>
> He means SASL auth. [1]

Oh really?  Dovecot provides a method for allowing SASL Auth?  I never
could get that to work with my current setup, not that it's been that
important to me.  I'll have to look into the link you provided below to
read up on that (just because I haven't had a need for it, I'm one of
those "it would be nice if it *did* work" types :-) ).  Thanks!

>>> dovecot also has Sieve support. with that, you shouldn't need
>>> procmail anymore...
>>
>> Well, that might be the case, but I'm completely unfamiliar with
>> Sieve, while I can practically write Procmail recipes in my sleep.
>> :-)  So as long as it doesn't interfere with Procmail, it's cool.
>> <grin>
>
> Of course, you can either set the mailbox_command (if you are the only
> user)[2] or use a .forward file. Like so:
>
> "|/usr/bin/procmail"

Yup, the current setup using mailbox_command; the new one will, too. :-)

> [1] - http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#server_dovecot
> [2] - http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mailbox_command

Thanks again!

           --Dave