Re: IMAP4/POP3 server that supports mbox?

On 11/18/2012 0:07, David Guntner wrote:
> mouss grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

>>> Thanks!  Missed that one while I was doing aptitude searches.
>>> :-) From the description, it sounds like it does what I want,
>>> and I don't see it declaring a conflict with Postfix or
>>> Procmail, so I'll give that a shot.
>>
>> it actually works well with postfix (dovecot provides a simple
>> authentication solution for postfix).
>
> What do you mean by that?

He means SASL auth. [1]

>> dovecot also has Sieve support. with that, you shouldn't need
>> procmail anymore...
>
> Well, that might be the case, but I'm completely unfamiliar with
> Sieve, while I can practically write Procmail recipes in my sleep.
> :-)  So as long as it doesn't interfere with Procmail, it's cool.
> <grin>

Of course, you can either set the mailbox_command (if you are the only
user)[2] or use a .forward file. Like so:

"|/usr/bin/procmail"

[1] - http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#server_dovecot
[2] - http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mailbox_command
--