Re: please put not all into multiarch!

On 10/23/2012 2:30 PM, John Hasler wrote:
Mark Allums wrote:
Debian devs regard the nvidia closed source drivers anathems.  They
disdain them, and pay no heed to bug reports filed against them.

They don't regard them as "anathema".  They regard them as Nvidia's
problem.  Which they are.  I've used them in the past, and I certainly
didn't expect the Debian kernel group to help me with them (and I
certainly didn't get any help from Nvidia).

They also ignore kernel bug reports if the nvidia driver is loaded.

So does Linus, and for good reason.  There is no way for anyone outside
Nvidia to know what their closed-source drivers are doing.

They certainly *do* regard them as anathema, as they do all closed-source and non-free software. Whether this fact is important or not is a separate discussion. I did not adequately include the closed-source nature into my point. I did not make myself clear.