Re: please put not all into multiarch!

Hello lee,

lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
> Claudius Hubig <debian_1210@chubig.net> writes:
>
> > the advantage that not one big package has to be updated each time
> > one of the libraries it contains changes, but only one small(-ish)
> > library package.
>
> And which packages do I need to have installed to get 32bit support
> working again as it was before they broke it?  Just telling users they
> must switch to brokenarch, leaving them screwed without 32bit support
> and saying "we're not going to fix it because we don't want to update
> the packages anymore and will remove them" is *not* an advantage.

The packages your 32-bit application depends on. Simple as that :)

And because these packages are also 32-bit packages, your application
can easily define which it needs and which it doesn’t need, rather
than having to define a dependency on ia32-libs (and possibly other
ia32-libs-* packages) of which it only needs a few libraries.

Best,

Claudius