Re: please put not all into multiarch!

Mark Allums wrote:
> Debian devs regard the nvidia closed source drivers anathems.  They
> disdain them, and pay no heed to bug reports filed against them.

They don't regard them as "anathema".  They regard them as Nvidia's
problem.  Which they are.  I've used them in the past, and I certainly
didn't expect the Debian kernel group to help me with them (and I
certainly didn't get any help from Nvidia).

> They also ignore kernel bug reports if the nvidia driver is loaded.

So does Linus, and for good reason.  There is no way for anyone outside
Nvidia to know what their closed-source drivers are doing.
--
John Hasler