Re: how to increase through put of LAN to 1GB

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 06:32:11PM +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> > Your 200 to 300 Mbps correspond to your disk throughput in my opinion.
> > Try to use iperf to test your network throughput, and be well aware
> > that your disk io will be the real bottleneck here.
> sorry i got your question wrong sorry for my weakenlish
>
> correct me if i am wrong becuase the drives that i baught has default
> 3 GB througput do you still thing
> drives could be the bottleneck here?

There are no spinning drives that give 3GB/s throughput. That is the
rating for the SATA interface between the drives and your PCI(e)
bus.

There are some solid-state disks, very expensive, which can
approach 600MB/s. There are some SSDs that connect directly to
PCIe that approach 6GB/s. In either case, you would have
mentioned them, because they are very very expensive.

If you have ordinary SATA disks, the best you can expect is
about 120MB/s per disk, which various RAID schemes can add
together with more or less efficiency.

-dsr-

--
http://randomstring.org/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.
You can't fight for freedom by taking away rights.