Re: how to increase through put of LAN to 1GB

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Bartek Krawczyk
<bbartlomiej.mail@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/6/21 Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com>:
>> i am using Debian with below specs
>> 1 GB RAM
>>  Xeon 2.8
>> 2 TB SATA x2 (RAID 1)
>>
>> i learn that my LAN throughput is like 200 to 300 Mbps which is quite
>> enough for me for now. but i am planning ahead to use ISCSI for
>> virtualization to provide HA, therefore i need my Giga LAN to reach
>> the 1000 Mbps throughput.
>>
>> so i need to know. what could be done to achieve this ?
>
> And how do you test your throughput?

i am using bw-ng however i am actually learning these stats from "scp"
copy command and secondly from samba when i try to download some huge
files from samba to windows host. my network graph bumps up n down b/w
200 to 300 Mbps.

>Try using iperf with -u switch or
> custom window size in tcp. What's the hardware of the remote
> connection end?
> On:
> 1 - Intel i5, 8GB ram, SATA HDD, intel 1Gb ethernet card

strange........... just 600mbps out of that strong system.