Re: unique install question? (Squeeze audio install using the Wheezy-di from a USB drive)

On 14/06/12 17:20, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 16:49 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> My primary concern would be whether the audio chipset is going to be
>> supported
>
> Those old boards perhaps often use AC'97?

Post 1997 - yes (funny that)

AC is just Intel's "standard" (v1 - current v2.3) - many chips provide
it. They can often be disabled in the BIOS and/or IRQs and channels
changed - many PII boards also have ACPI "quirks" that make careful BIOS
configuration a requirement, enabling PlugNPray is usually required. The
OP has mentioned a 30GB drive being supported - so it's a not a stone
age pre-LBA BIOS.

> It's supported by ALSA.

I 'suspect' alsa is only possible post-install, but I'd have to read all
the d-i documentation to be certain...

Maybe the modules list can tell you?
screen scrapes from an install:-
http://ge.tt/1JVT87J/v/0