Re: how to update Debian OS properly

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 18:28 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
>> In conclusion i found out that i should stick to stable and should not
>> play with the source list until unless it is necessary. even if i add
>> a repo then  i must comment it after installing the "whatever package"
>
> Yesno. I'll say yes, somebody else might recommend
> http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html

i was reading this article and it is very helpful and something new
that i learned but i am a bit confuse. how come i be safe in this
technique because what this article is saying means if i wanted to
install a specific package this would be helpful and if the package is
not in the "stable" then apt will check in testing and finally in sid.
but what if i run "apt-get upgrade" then my question is, would it be
safe and will not upgrade my OS to sid or testing.