Re: How to get new RSA key in known_hosts file?

Ahoj,

Dňa Fri, 25 May 2012 23:08:05 +0100 Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> napísal:

> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 09:59:03PM +0200, Slavko wrote:
> > then i see only one solution - delete/rename whole file and collect
> > them from start.
>
> Well, yes - or resolve them one by one when you hit a host that has
> changed. In this situation, ssh will tell you which lines are
> troublesome.

i think, that i can live with useless entries now :-)

> > Please, what security is here? When I know the hostname (IP) i can
> > remove the host entry and then i can save new entry and i can show the
> > key for this host too. Only one i cannot - to know which hosts are in
> > the file...
>
> The point of the hashing is that if someone breaks into your computer and
> steals your private key, your known_hosts file could give them a list of
> other machines that are likely to accept your key. If the hosts are
> hashed, they don't know the hosts.

thanks, i understand now ;-)

i see that i cannot be attacker, because i don't know to think as
attacker :-P

regards

--
Slavko