Re: how to update Debian OS properly

ok found a website for which generates source.list

http://debgen.simplylinux.ch/

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free

please confirm if above repositories are good to go with,

In conclusion i found out that i should stick to stable and should not
play with the source list until unless it is necessary. even if i add
a repo then  i must comment it after installing the "whatever package"