Re: how to update Debian OS properly

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 18:28 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
> In conclusion i found out that i should stick to stable and should not
> play with the source list until unless it is necessary. even if i add
> a repo then  i must comment it after installing the "whatever package"

Yesno. I'll say yes, somebody else might recommend
http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html

Do you need src? Src repos provide source code only. You might need
headers to compile src codes from sourceforge etc., but seldom a Debian
src. Google if there is a stable stable-updates repository etc. too.