Re: Wheezy printing problem: 2 identical (?) machines and 1 does not print PDFs

On Fri 25 May 2012 at 17:17:53 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2012 19:02:36 +0200, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
>
> > It fails on all PDFs
>
> That sounds very strange...

But important, do you not think, because the result is consistent.

> > and I run the short test by printing page 1 of the Advanced Bas
> > h−Scripting Guide.
>
> Try and put here the results of:
>
> 1/ Converting the PDF into a PS file (still don't?) ;-)

Suppose this extra conversion works: where does he go from there?
Condemned for ever to always convert PDF to PS for every application he
uses. :) The Flying Dutchman of Debian printing (sorry).

> 2/ Also, you can try to send the PDF job directly to the printer's queue
> ("lp -d hp2200 your_file.pdf")

This is essentially no different from the command used to print from
most desktop applications.

> 3/ Use a generic PCL6 driver or try even with the latest PPD file(s)
> coming from the upstream hplip (3.12.4), i.e., "hp-
> laserjet_2200_series.ppd" and "hp-laserjet_2200-pcl3.ppd".

Not a method to be discarded. If it works it will mask the problem but
that may be worthwhile progress for the OP. I do wonder, though, whether
the upstream PPD files are more up-to-date or bug-free than the ones in
Debian.