Re: Wheezy printing problem: 2 identical (?) machines and 1 does not print PDFs

On Fri 25 May 2012 at 15:18:50 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2012 17:05:15 +0200, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
>
> > And I am not sure, but I seem to remember that it used to be PS that
> > was the default.
>
> A postscript printer will be happier with a postcript driver though in
> linux you will experience a noticeable delay when using a PS driver for
> printing complex documents.

The native language of the printer is PCL but it also has a PostScript
interpreter. It is happy to be given a file in either language.

> > Anyway, with PS I have the same problem. I suspect that some machine
> >-dependent file is not correct. I have compared (the size of) the files
> > on both disks that are in the deb files and they seem to be the same.
>
> Have you tried by converting the PDF file to a PS? And what happens with
> a different PDF file or the error happens with *any* PDF file?

The first thing CUPS will do when it sees the PS file is convert it to
PDF, so I'm not sure that will tell us anything interesting. However, it
would be good to know whether the same difference in behaviour happens
with other files.