Re: Wheezy printing problem: 2 identical (?) machines and 1 does not print PDFs

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 14:53 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2012 14:39:01 +0200, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
>
> > I have 2 identical Wheezy machines: they both have the same packages and
> > the same versions for those packages Wheezy, up to date as of this
> > morning). The configuration files in /etc/cups and /etc/foomatic are
> > exactly identical. Both machines should print to a network printer
> > (HP2200 DTN). I use Cups and Foomatic, and the recommended "HP LaserJet
> > 2200 Foomatic/lj5gray" driver (the postscript driver has the same
> > behaviour).
>
> Are you sure that's the recommended driver for your device? The printer
> seems to support PS as well as PCL6 so using lj5gray can make the job
> output slower and has less options available to configure :-?
It is the driver that the GUI says that it is the default. And I am not
sure, but I seem to remember that it used to be PS that was the default.
Anyway, with PS I have the same problem. I suspect that some
machine-dependent file is not correct. I have compared (the size of) the
files on both disks that are in the deb files and they seem to be the
same.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld