Re: Dead keys in Gnome3/Shell?

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:20:46 +0000 (UTC), Camaleón wrote:

- For the non-visible indicator problem:

Run this from a terminal (don't worry, it is harmless, you are only
requesting for a variable value):

gsettings get org.gnome.libgnomekbd.indicator show-flags

And put here the result.

I already gathered that the command is harmless ;-)

The result: "false"

I even tried setting it to "true" and logging out and back in again. Doesn't change anything. No indicator ever appears.

- For the layout issue:

Try by ading a different layout (e.g., "International with dead keys
AltGr") and check if that works by pressing "AltGr+E" which should return
an accented "é".

Like I said in my previous message, nothing I do in the Layouts dialog tab seems to have any effect. I tried many different keyboard layouts (and combinations) already. The keyboard just behaves as if the "USA" layout (the natural layout of the physical keyboard) is always in effect, even when it is not even listed in the dialog.

Anything else I can try?

I am not a complete newbie but I feel like one in this case. I am not well versed in the gsettings "registry".

Thank you for your continued interest.

--
Olav Lavell <olav@freeict.nl>