Into: Coming over to Debian from Ubuntu

I used Debian once before, years ago & at the time Debian seemed difficult to configure & software was way behind the times. I don't know if I'm just getting older & more cranky, but I think I'd rather have older but stable & "just works". For now, I'll have the option to boot into either Debian or Ubuntu. I've used Ubuntu for years, but this Unity is killing me. Maybe Debian will be a better fit for me. If so, I'll shrink my Ubuntu partition or, maybe even delete the partition. If not, vise-versa ...Linux does give you options.

I've put my time in with Unity as my main OS ...I'm not a fan. I tried to like Unity. At this point, instead of seeming "dated" I'm betting Debian is going to seem more like the old Ubuntu I once loved where as Unity is just frustrating. I wanted to like Unity. I appreciate the concept of one OS for phones, tablets & computers. Regretfully, Unity has only taught me to appreciate how great my iPhone works.

For the same reason Canonical wants to be on multiple devices, I could see my next computer purchase being a Mac. I found Unity ...while pretty... was also cumbersome, poorly executed, non-intuitive, buggy &very frustrating. Meanwhile iOS is so polished, so easy, so intuitive & yesvery pretty. If Unity ever makes it to phones/tablets, I'm sure I'll give it a good look-see on those devices. I must admit though, it'll take a lot for me to switch from iOS. While I "prefer" my Linux just work, I demand my phone "just works". Anyway, back to configuring the new OS.