Re: how to keep the internet awak

On Sep 8, 2011, at 0:14, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The "ex" letter?
>>>
>>> It's a plain "x" in uppercase, available in almost any latin based
>>> keyboard in the world.
>>
>> How UNBEARABLE silly I am.
>> I thought it's a multiply sign,
>> mathematic sign, like *.
>> so I have never know how to type it.
>
> :-D
>
> It's a common smily sign, ascii based. There is a more sophisticated
> version of the symbol that uses unicode: ☺

I kept on laughing myself.

On one of my former email I didn't know how to type X to describe the close of the window. I was so serious and I describe it as "tilted cross". Honestly I even thought of google out and paste there.  Later when I saw you typed X, I amazedly thought it's some advanced trick, so I suggested to "except copy and paste". On that email I copied and pasted your "X". God, it's going to be my annual joke. Before when I need input 2x3 I used to type as 2*3.
How can X be X ?

This time seriously again, I don't know how to input the ☺ except copying yours.

>>> cat /etc/network/interfaces
>>
>> # The loopback network interface
>> auto lo
>> iface lo inet loopback
>>
>> # The primary network interface
>> allow-hotplug eth0
>> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>>
>> Just right now know what does the dhcp mean.
>
> He, he... good ;-)
>
> But IP should not change unless network service goes down and up again
> (or unless DHCP server forces a renew of the IP ever "x" time based on
> its policy) so there is still the question on why the network is
> restarted.

I don't know. Might suspend reason?

I use cable. No wireless

>>> And now what's the problem? He, he... this is getting crazy ;-D
>>
>> Right now I used "who" in the remote one,
>>
>> there were three "me" still connecting. but the truth is the only one
>> "me" connecting. but other "two" are the two non-respond ones.
>
> Maybe the other sessions that were dropped?
>
>> is it possible due to the server (cluster) setting problem?
>
> Dunno, but if network service went down while you were logged remotely,
> the ssh instances were not properly closed and they could have been kept
> in background :-?

Possible.

>> seems very trouble,
>> I guess I can accept the ssh again when it's timed out.

Thanks again, Btw, what does the expression X-) refers to? Different smile?