Re: how to keep the internet awak

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 23:50:23 +0800, lina wrote:

>>> How did you type the X in email except copy and paste?
>>
>> The "ex" letter?
>>
>> It's a plain "x" in uppercase, available in almost any latin based
>> keyboard in the world.
>
> How UNBEARABLE silly I am.
> I thought it's a multiply sign,
> mathematic sign, like *.
> so I have never know how to type it.

:-D

It's a common smily sign, ascii based. There is a more sophisticated
version of the symbol that uses unicode: ☺

>> cat /etc/network/interfaces
>
> # The loopback network interface
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> # The primary network interface
> allow-hotplug eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
> Just right now know what does the dhcp mean.

He, he... good ;-)

But IP should not change unless network service goes down and up again
(or unless DHCP server forces a renew of the IP ever "x" time based on
its policy) so there is still the question on why the network is
restarted.

>>> and most weird is that couple of months ago, I barely noticed there is
>>> such problem, just recent so often.
>>
>> And now what's the problem? He, he... this is getting crazy ;-D
>
> Right now I used "who" in the remote one,
>
> there were three "me" still connecting. but the truth is the only one
> "me" connecting. but other "two" are the two non-respond ones.

Maybe the other sessions that were dropped?

> is it possible due to the server (cluster) setting problem?

Dunno, but if network service went down while you were logged remotely,
the ssh instances were not properly closed and they could have been kept
in background :-?

> seems very trouble,
> I guess I can accept the ssh again when it's timed out.

:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón