Re: GPU hang "EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop"

On 25/07/11 15:40, Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2011-07-25 15:08 +0200, lee wrote:

José Silva<jsantossilva@hotmail.com>  writes:

Given that, I did Ctl+Alt+F1, logged in as user, sudo service gdm stop
to stop xserver. Then sudo gdb startx but the system says it's not an
executable. How do I run xserver in the debugger?

Unfortunately, I don't know.  I guess a way might be to start the
debugger and then attach it to the running x-server, see [1].  When the
x-server freezes, you might be able to find out what it's doing with the
debugger.

You need to do this over ssh, otherwise the X server will block the
keyboard when it freezes, preventing the switch to the console where GDB
runs.  See http://pkg-xorg.alioth.debian.org/howto/use-gdb.html.

Sven

Thank you for popping in.

But how do I replace driver xserver-video-intel by xserver-video-intel-dbg or is this not necessary? I've already installed it with synaptics package manager.
jss