Re: GPU hang "EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop"

José Silva <jsantossilva@hotmail.com> writes:

> But I think I have in my hands a precious tool to help debugging this,
> meaning, a consistent method of replicating this bug, and that's why
> I'm keep pursuing this. You seem much more expert than me on these
> matters so, if you think my contribution is not relevant, I beg you to
> say so because a have a lot more things that need my time.

Yes, it's good to have such a tool.  How important it is is something I
don't know.

> Given that, I did Ctl+Alt+F1, logged in as user, sudo service gdm stop
> to stop xserver. Then sudo gdb startx but the system says it's not an
> executable. How do I run xserver in the debugger?

Unfortunately, I don't know.  I guess a way might be to start the
debugger and then attach it to the running x-server, see [1].  When the
x-server freezes, you might be able to find out what it's doing with the
debugger.

[1]: http://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/Manuals/gdb-5.1.1/html_node/gdb_22.html

--
http://www.asciiribbon.org/