Re: GPU hang "EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop"

José Silva <jsantossilva@hotmail.com> writes:

> On 23/07/11 15:12, lee wrote:
>> You're saying in [1] that you have disabled GPUs to save power.  Is the
>> problem still there when don't disable the GPUs?
>>
> Obviously I only disabled the nvidia GPU,
> [...]
>
> Ok, so I remove the module, even renamed the file just to be sure,
> reboot, checked battery drain just to be sure and triggered the
> freeze, which happened again.
> [...]
>
> Apparently, acpi_call doesn't contribute to the freeze, do you agree?

Yes, since the freeze occurs no matter whether the GPUs are disabled or
not, it doesn't seem likely that it has anything to do with the disabling.

> Hope you have more ideas.

Well, you could check the sources of the driver to see if you can find
out what's going on or try to run the X server in the debugger to get
more information.  Or you wait until the bug is fixed or someone who
knows more has an idea --- or you can use the NVIDIA card instead of the
intel one or you don't do anything that triggers the freeze.

--
http://www.asciiribbon.org/
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855