Re: GPU hang "EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop"

José Silva <jsantossilva@hotmail.com> writes:

> On 22/07/11 10:41, lee wrote:
> there. Furthermore, I looked at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting/Freeze which says that a
> backtrace on Xorg.0.log is a non-symptom because this isn't an X
> crash. So, I guess the debugging xserver won't give any results.
>
> So, I guess the only thing that could give us information is
> intel_gpu_dump which I'm still not able to launch. Any idea how to do
> it?

Hm, I can imagine that intel_gpu_dump tries to load (i. e. mmap() )some
file which isn't there because the X server didn't crash and thus gives
you the error message that it cannot mmap() a file that doesn't exist.

> Anyway, I had already reported the bug as #635039 but I wanted give
> some more information, which I still can't.

You're saying in [1] that you have disabled GPUs to save power.  Is the
problem still there when don't disable the GPUs?

[1]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=635039#15

--
http://www.asciiribbon.org/
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855