Re: Network problem {start of part 2}

On 08/05/11 12:19, Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 08 May 2011 11:52:56 +0100, AG wrote:

On 08/05/11 11:41, Camaleón wrote:
Hum... may I suggest you to disable the NetworkManager service at all?
Not unistalling it but getting rid of it (avoid the service to be
started on boot). If you are not using a laptop nor need a dynamic
network management, it should be fine.
How would I do this?  It isn't listed as a service under Administration
(Gnome).
I finally did it (in squeeze) by running "update-rc.d network-manager
disable".

To remove the Gnome NM applet icon on the task bar you can go to "system/
preferences/sessions/startup programs".

Greetings,

Camaleón

Have done this now, and in a while I'll reboot to see if that stops the /etc/resolv.conf from being erased/ over-written, and will post back to the list with the outcome.

Hans

Thanks for the symlink info. I'll give this a spin first and see if that helps before monkeying around with symlink files.

Cheers

AG