Bug in grub-pc results in unbootable system after installation (was: What happened to debian - does "stable" keep having any meaning?)

Geronimo:
> Jochen Schulz wrote:
>
>> a hint that this *might* actually be a graphics problem. See this bug
>> report:

>> It looks like the fix didn't make into stable, but you can try setting
>> GRUB_TERMINAL=console.
>
> You ARE my hero :D

All it took was pasting the message from your screen into Google. ;-) I
am glad that we found a solution. Thanks for your persistence, I already
feared you might give up on that one.

BTW, I was wrong about the fix not being part of squeeze: the link above
says the fix should be included in 1.98+20100804-12. But there's another
user (message #154) that says the issue isn't fixed yet. You can simply
send en email to 594967 at bugs.debian.org and try to get Colin Watson's
attention.

J.
--
If I was Mark Chapman I would have shot John Lennon with a water pistol.
[Agree]   [Disagree]