Re: Bug in grub-pc results in unbootable system after installation (was: What happened to debian - does "stable" keep having any meaning?)

Hello,

Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Thanks for your persistence,
> I already feared you might give up on that one.

I love debian and for me there's no alternative, so I can't give up!

> BTW, I was wrong about the fix not being part of squeeze: the link above
> says the fix should be included in 1.98+20100804-12. But there's another
> user (message #154) that says the issue isn't fixed yet.

As Tom and you stated, that the update from 6.0 to 6.0.1 did not change grub,
So the question is not, whether that bug is fixed or not.

The most *important* question is, *which* change caused grub to break - as
grub worked fine (beside having to patch grub.cfg for hdx) before the 6.0.1
update.

> You can simply send en email to 594967 at bugs.debian.org and try to get
> Colin Watson's attention.

Should I? - I don't have any information, that's not already part of the bug
report.

Sorry for not having googled by myself, but sometimes you don't have the right
idea/search-token ...

kind regards

Gero