Re: What happened to debian - does "stable" keep having any meaning?

Hello,

Jochen Schulz wrote:
> a hint that this *might* actually be a graphics problem. See this bug
> report:

> It looks like the fix didn't make into stable, but you can try setting
> GRUB_TERMINAL=console.

You ARE my hero :D

Unbelievable! GREAT!

uncommenting GRUB_TERMINAL from /etc/default/grub works.
After uncommenting I executed "grub-install" followed by "update-grub" and it
works without having to patch /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Now the remaining question is: wtf changed grafics settings for last update, as
I did not changed HW for about half a year.

Great, great - I can live very well without grub grafics, so no problem at all.
So I skip installation of debian 6.0

kind regards

Gero