Re: What happened to debian - does "stable" keep having any meaning?

On Wed 23 Mar 2011 at 13:36:30 -0700, Mark wrote:

> Thanks Tom.  Have you or anyone else been able to change the text displayed
> on the GRUB2 boot menu _without_ editing the /boot/grub/grub.cfg file?
> Maybe the label/text is stored somewhere and I missed it, just curious.

I think you would be looking at the 10_linux file in /etc/grub.d at the
very least. After 'linux_entry ()' there are 'title=' lines.

An alternative might be to make 10_linux (and possibly 30_os-prober)
non-executable and use 40_custom. Not tested. There may be unwanted
downsides to doing this.