Re: What happened to debian - does "stable" keep having any meaning?

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

With grub2, if you want to troubleshoot update-grub and the resulting
"/boot/grub/grub.cfg", you have to look at "/etc/default/grub",
"/etc/grub.d/*", "/usr/lib/grub/grub-mkconfig_lib", and
"/usr/bin/grub-mkconfig". You might not need to do so often (I haven't
had to do so for my boxes for a very long time) but, if and when you
do, it borders on silly...

Thanks Tom.  Have you or anyone else been able to change the text displayed on the GRUB2 boot menu _without_ editing the /boot/grub/grub.cfg file?  Maybe the label/text is stored somewhere and I missed it, just curious.

Mark