Re: squeeze fails to install

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 6:58 PM, Neal Hogan <nealhogan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Dr. Ed Morbius <dredmorbius@gmail.com> wrote:
>> on 20:34 Thu 17 Feb, Neal Hogan (nealhogan@gmail.com) wrote:

>>> I did . . that is why I said that there was no option and agree that
>>> there should be one. I've indicated my install media in response to
>>> others and above.
>>
>> Booting the Debian squeeze netinst ISO under qemu from
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.0/i386/iso-cd/debian-6.0.0-i386-netinst.iso
>>
>> ... the first boot screen reads:
>>
>>   debian
>>   The Universal Operating System
>>
>>   Installer boot menu
>>
>>   Install
>>   Graphical install
>>   Advanced options
>>   Help
>>

> I confirm this. The link's iso that you provide offer those options .
> . . my options were
>
> default install
> automated install
> expert install
>
> I'm in the process of getting the iso's that gave me those options

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.0/kfreebsd-i386/iso-cd/debian-6.0.0-kfreebsd-i386-CD-1.iso
http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/main/installer-kfreebsd-i386/current/images/netboot/mini.iso

Those for sure . . . Unfortunately (for me), I can't find the
non-(debian gnu/bsd) iso's that failed (given the amount of effor that
I'm now willing to put forth). At this point, you have my word, which
is not good enough, I know.

I want to go eat my wife's birthday cake and watch a movie ;-)