squeeze fails to install

I have another thread started that is not getting much traffic given
the significance of the situation: installation.

Every installation medium that I've tried fails. Those trials include
net-install-iso, mini-iso, full-diskOne-iso. . .with both linux and
bsd kernels.

What information do those that know anything about the install of the
latest "stable" release need to know to fix this issue? There have
been a few (if not several) other threads dealing with installation of
squeeze. Was this tested?

Background: I've had Lenny on this particualr machine
installing/running just fine. I was able to upgrade from Lenny to
Squeeze with no problem. The fresh install is the problem. My machine
is an early 2000's HP pavilion (ze4400). Why doesn't the install
script partition my hard drive?

As you can see, I'm rather frustrated. I've enjoyed the debian
experience up to this point. I don't mind working to get things done,
but my issue seems to be a rather big deal (i.e., squeeze can't
install on a machine that has worked).

I understand that the majorty of folks on this list are not devs, but
the devs who do subscribe *should* take notice. No?

Thanks,
-Neal