Re: Newbie video editing question

On 11/29/2010 09:48 PM, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> No worries there.  I avoid KDE and any apps that use its libraries
> like the plague.  I used to use a few KDE apps (kate, in particular)
> but artsd kept messing up my sound so that I had to kill it to get any
> sound back.  I got tired of that real fast and purged anything to do
> with KDE.  My laptop runs gnome, since it was installed from scratch.
> The desktop, however, which has been upgraded, or had parts moved from
> one box to another since Bo, is running FVWM2.
I have that issue on Lenny, I have to restart alsasound sometimes,
iceweasel pukes on sound, chrome doesn't. so I restart alsasound,
iceweasel crashes, chrome gives me a little check box telling me
something restarted.. I use gnome, but my wife uses KDE3.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800