Re: Newbie video editing question

On 11/29/10 16:18, Paul Cartwright wrote:
On 11/29/2010 06:09 PM, Marc Shapiro wrote:
I seem not to have mentioned it.  My bad.  If nothing else works for
me then I could update to Squeeze.  I'm running it on my netbook
without any problems, but the desktop still has Lenny.  My wife and
daughter use the desktop also, so I have three concurrent logins and
three concurrent X sessions.  I want all the stability that I can get.
if they use KDE, you might wanna think about that.. going to squeeze
will require kde4...
I am still using lenny because of that.

No worries there. I avoid KDE and any apps that use its libraries like the plague. I used to use a few KDE apps (kate, in particular) but artsd kept messing up my sound so that I had to kill it to get any sound back. I got tired of that real fast and purged anything to do with KDE. My laptop runs gnome, since it was installed from scratch. The desktop, however, which has been upgraded, or had parts moved from one box to another since Bo, is running FVWM2.

Marc