Re: Newbie video editing question

In <[🔎] 4CF46610.3040107@gmail.com>, Marc Shapiro wrote:
>I used to use a few KDE apps (kate, in particular) but
>artsd kept messing up my sound so that I had to kill it to get any sound
>back.

ARTSd is dead is KDE SC 4.  KDE SC 4 does include Phonon, a common API or A/V
manipulations, but it does not have a daemon component.  Phonon will simply
talk to PulseAudio, JACK, ALSA, or OSS--however you configure it.  I'm not
entirely sure what the defaults are, but it is designed to cleanly fallback
when (e.g.) PulseAudio is missing, even if it was present last time you
started KDE SC 4.

I hear Kate is also even more awesome in KDE SC 4 than it was in KDE 3.  I
don't use it though.