Re: Newbie video editing question

On 11/29/10 04:24, Paul Cartwright wrote:
First off, I'm a video editing newbie.  Not a linux newbie.  I've been
running Debian since Bo.

I have a lot of video tapes lying around and I am afraid they will
degrade over time.  Also, since they are not making tapes any more (or
VCRs?) I expect it will be difficult to repair my two VCRs when they
start to die on me.  So I want to convert my analog tapes to digital
files while I can and write them out to DVD.
ever thought about MythTV?? or is that overkill..

For now, that would certainly be overkill. Of course, now that I have a compatible card, there is no telling what I might do down the line.

Marc