Re: laptop-mode-tools

> Talking about laptop-mode-tools, I haven't got around to do a bug report
> against it yet, because Ubuntu has made a lightweight package replacing
> it:
>
> Ubuntu's pm-utils-powersave-policy replaces laptop-mode-tools: very
> lightweight with only a few scripts which work on any system without
> further need for configuration.
>
> Hope that someday we can have that in Debian as well.
>
> --
> Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)

If you believe there's a bug, then file it...  Worse thing that can
happen is developer coming to tell you it's just a configuration
issue, or a bug somewhere else, or a wrong combination of things (for
example having laptop-mode handling frequency and cpufreqd doing it as
well is a no go)...

So don't be discouraged to file it.

To me it just works as I would expect it to...  I'd rather have the
original tool working right, than some other replacement, but that's
just me, :-)

--
Javier.