laptop-mode-tools

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:47:06 -0500, Arthur Machlas wrote:

>>> Lots of useful info in there Javier. Also worth mentioning, though it
>>> doesn't seem you use it, is laptop-mode-tools.
>>
>> . . .
>
> The last time I setup laptopmode-tools under squeeze it is disabled by
> default and does nothing. You need to edit its conf file in
> /etc/deault/laptoop mode and set it to be enabled at boot. And then yes,
> there are a great many things to play with, however I've mainly just
> used it for spindowns of hd's.

Talking about laptop-mode-tools, I haven't got around to do a bug report
against it yet, because Ubuntu has made a lightweight package replacing
it:

Ubuntu's pm-utils-powersave-policy replaces laptop-mode-tools: very
lightweight with only a few scripts which work on any system without
further need for configuration.

Hope that someday we can have that in Debian as well.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/