Re: To enable the power management mechanism

> Lots of useful info in there Javier. Also worth mentioning, though it
> doesn't seem you use it, is laptop-mode-tools.

I did include it in the ones I have installed, :-)  The original list
had it with some words as well, so I thought it was not necessary to
make additional comments...  See this was my list:

acpi
acpitool
acpid
acpi-support-base
laptop-mode-tools
cpufrequtils
cpufreqd
lm-sensors
sensord

When you install it, I don't remember if hdparm and sdparm are
automatically triggered as dependencies, but then if not it's pretty
good idea to have them installed, so that laptop-mode  can play with
the HDs speeds...  It can handle as well CPU frequency, but I prefer
cpufreqd for that purpose.  By default in debian laptop-mode doesn't
handle CPU frequency, so it coexists pretty well with cpufreqd in
debian...

One can do several configurations with laptop-mode-tools, cpufreqd,
and several other power saving stuff.  They should also work out of
the box (that has been my experience), but if one doesn't have desktop
environment, one must agree with the idea of doing some tweaks to
configuration files if necessary, :-)...

--
Javier.