Re: Squeeze. What is current hibernation mechanism?

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 20:41:18 +0000, T o n g wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 00:00:40 +0400, Mark Goldshtein wrote:
>>
>>> If somebody please to explain current hibernation mechanism in Squeeze?
>>> If there are links to web docs about all this stuff?
>>
>> +1, I want to know that too.
>
> What is not working for you? :-?
>
> Hibernation and suspension are sharing the same requirements than always:
>
> 1. ACPI compilant machine / devices
> 2. An OS capable to handle them (for hibernation you need a swap
> partition size with at least the same amount of your RAM)
> 3. Testing, testing, testing
> 4. A good provision of luck :-)

It is seems like I am not too good with gathering such an ephemeral
thing like a 'luck'  :(

About 'what is not working'.
I have a NVidia videoboard:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation GT216
[GeForce GT 240M] [10de:0a34] (rev a2)
	Subsystem: Lenovo Device [17aa:38fd]
	Kernel driver in use: nvidia

When the system goes out from a hibernation, the backlit of notebook's
screen is not back switch on, so screen is dark and it is impossible
to work. If I use a suspend-to-ram sleeping scheme everything is fine.
So, I wonder if I misconfigured something in a hibernation scheme.

--

Sincerely Yours'
Mark Goldshtein