Re: resume from hibernate

On 09/25/2010 12:25 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

Since I run sid on a laptop I decided to play with hibernate, carefully.
But I'm missing something: hibernate saves memory to swap and turns off
the machine. Then to resume I hit the power button and grub appears, I
select the partition and it boots, finding fault with the not unmounted
partitions :-(

How does one resume?

Hugo

Hi,
I just tried hibernate on my Sid laptop.
When I hit power button it was almost the same if I turn hem on without hibernation only on the end i got same log in window like you have it when screen saver start and you cam back (log off).

I didn�t notice any difference in speed from normal booting or boot from hibernation. If there is difference in speed it is minimal, at list in my case.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic