Squeeze. What is current hibernation mechanism ==> pm-utils

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:11:26 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> I would recommend reading [ . . . ]

So, the Debian-recommended way is (still) "pm-utils". I saw that pm-utils
depends on HAL, and thinking that the HAL will soon be the thing in the
past, so I went for the other route: hibernate with kernel patch, then
hibernate with uwusup. They all turned out to be dead ends.

What is not working for me? Anything & everything:

- suspend
- hibernation
- lid close
- power button to turn off computer