Re: Torrents killing my conection

On 06/21/2010 07:22 AM, Eero Volotinen wrote:
2010/6/21 ABS Doug<absdoug@gmail.com>:
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 5:28 AM, Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net>  wrote:

Lets not forget that my *wired* system crapped out at 86% while downloading
the torrent he supplied.  Bouncing my WRT56GL solved the problem.

However, two other torrents I've downloaded (both "legally" on torrent)
downloaded just fine.

   I've had problems with torrents not finishing, but *never* knocking
out my connection! Boy this is REALLY weird. Your wired connection on
the same torrent... wow, I'm just totally confused. So what
technically happening when a torrent takes down your wired
connection??

Well, it knocks out your router by eating it's memory and cpu time too much.

This is typical problem on low end routers, buy better one..

The why does it succeed when XP is the client, and for me when the torrent is "non-pirate"?

--
Seek truth from facts.