Re: OT: KVM switch with Debian Lenny

>On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

[snip]

>KVM problems are almost _never_ caused by a PC or server.  99.9999999% of
>the time it's the KVM switch itself.  I can't count the number of times I've
>acquired KVMs that just won't work and hearing the same from colleagues.

[snip]

Hi Stan, I think I hear what you're saying is that it's the KVM switch's fault it can't handle the machine, instead of the machine being the problem.  However, seeing the keyboard and mouse connected directly to the desktop whether via ps/2 or usb, and seeing the lights on them glow with the machine fully shut down, makes me think something is askew with the box itself.

99.9999999%...so you're saying there's a chance...

:)

Mark