Re: OT: KVM switch with Debian Lenny

On 5 March 2010 20:15, Mark <mamarcac@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> >Belkin KVM switch? Then get another one!
>> >
>> >The cheap ones on Ebay are no good either. I had a decent no-brand KVM
>> >with a hefty hand-switch that worked great, if I can dig it up I'll
>> >look for some serial number or something.
>
> It's actually a Hawking Technology KVM switch that was used in my office's
> server room before they upgraded.  It's solid steel and weighs as much as a
> brick.

Yes, that sounds like what I had, which worked great when the cheap ones won't.

I don't know if this could have any after-effects, but those switches
are designed for a maximum screen resolution, which may not exceed
768*1024 if it's a few years old. Just something to keep in mind.
Also, older keyboard drew much more current than newer keyboards, that
may also affect the device.

By the way, so far as I know mine was unpowered. I don't think that it
even had a power input, at least if it did I never used it or noticed
it.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com