[OT] How to compose email [WAS] Re: Removing the indent-string quote marker '>' in emails.

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 17:00:11 -0800
Freeman <evenso@worldwidehtml.com> wrote:

> I am forever struggling to keep posts brief, to be expeditious in editing
> them down, to get to the point, to include vital details, and to somehow
> avoid being disingenuous.  %0

"In the days when I was sitting in his class, he omitted so many
needless words, and omitted them so forcibly and with such eagerness
and obvious relish, that he often seemed in the position of having
shortchanged himself — a man left with nothing more to say yet with
time to fill, a radio prophet who had out-distanced the clock. Will
Strunk got out of this predicament by a simple trick: he uttered every
sentence three times. When he delivered his oration on brevity to the
class, he leaned forward over his desk, grasped his coat lapels in his
hands, and, in a husky, conspiratorial voice, said, "Rule Seventeen.
Omit needless words! Omit needless words! Omit needless words!"

-- E. B. White:

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/003417.html
http://www.metafilter.com/80199/Omit-Needless-Words#2497944

Celejar