Re: Removing the indent-string quote marker '>' in emails.

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 03:50:32PM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 03:29:23PM EST, Freeman wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 03:18:27PM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:
>
> [..]
>
> > > HNY, anyways..
> >
> > It would seem simple if the priority were high enough.
> >
> > The welcome message for new subscribers could say something.
>
> Not sure that would do any good, most likely they would not read it, or
> not understand the implications anyway.
>
> Would be an good place to do it all the same, and possibly refer them to
> it when found guilty of this behavior.
>
> > There must be a crunch for space on that but, priorities. There could
> > be an orientation section with a provocative title.
>
> > My smartlist had that and a monthly FAQ. I believe it was a feature of the
> > program.  But a simple cron job could post a FAQ.
>
> Hmm.. what exactly is your 'smartlist'?

"Was" my smartlist. It was an attempt at a social list among fiends back in
the day, when I fell in love with email and the usenet and thought I might
make something of it.  :)

Smartlist is built on procmail and is on their page. It is easily Googled
because so many play with it.  But host services tend to dislike it.  To
many messy experiments maybe.

I built an html front end that sent commands for registered users via
sendmail.  Pretty simple but it impressed my friends as they are all
non-techies.  Sort of wish I still had that.  I have seen some for sale on
line now.  :)

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman