Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

Hal Vaughan wrote.

  "But I haven't seen anyone insult him yet -- but then I
 haven't read many of the overnight posts yet."

Anybody here watch "The daily show". The first time I ever saw a show,
they had a piece where they had Donald Rumsfeld denying he had ever
said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, then they cut to
old news footage of Rumsfeld saying "We know they've got weapons of
mass destruction, we know where they are". Classic.

"you're off your rocker"
"I've never seen someone work so hard due to fear and sloth."
"You're not just ignorant"
"...just plain ignorant and stupid"

also interesting was the use of disparaging remarks about anyone who
agreed with him
"Nobody agrees with you.  At least nobody with any programming talent
and experience."

and that's just you from one email. Do you actually read what you are typing?
Here is a bit of your own email you should have read, the bit where
you say "no point in continuing any discussion". Because you kept on
replying, which _is_ _how_ _to_ _continue_ _the_ _discussion_.

"It's clear they all have significantly more experience than you and
they're telling you, "There is no point to what you're doing.",
If you read the comments at the start, there were suggestions on ways
do what he wanted to do, or suggestions of systems that are primarily
C based. Not only are you not reading your own emails, you are not
reading others.

And to the people (Neal Hogan, Lisi Reisz),  who had seemed to have
the biggest problems with what he was saying, who contributed the
least logic and factual statements to the entire discussion.  A big
ironic thanks for contributing noise to the signal.

--snip--

>> “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people
>> attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore,
>> depends on unreasonable people.” GB Shaw.
>
> Yes, that's a cute quotation.  I can also cite Zen quotations or other
> sources about the wisdom of knowing when to fight and when not to, or when
> to push a big rock out of the way or when it's better to walk around that
> rock.

Great, you can go google up some zen and I'll pretend I care.

I now have a list of trolls to ignore, at least some good that came of
the discussion.