Re: Install Debian 4.0 to watch DVD video

------------------^^^ Typo?

> iface eth1 inet dhcp

You didn't say, so I'm guessing you are not using dhcp. If this is the
case then you will have to put the following in /e/n/interfaces (replace
the numbers with the real ones):

---[ /etc/network/interfaces ]---

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
	address 192.168.123.123
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	gateway 192.168.123.1
	dns-nameservers 123.123.123.123 123.123.123.124

The last line works only if you have the package resolvconf installed,
otherwise you will have to edit /etc/resolv.conf by hand.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)